Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thought Bubble ('s)

hobbit

Hello Everybody! 
(yes, yes, I know the gif is random. But it's the only one that shows what's going on inside my head)

   Once again, life has gotten in the way of my blogging. Between finishing High school, work, and other life-thingies, I haven't had a spare moment to write! 

   But that hasn't stopped my mind from thinking.
And thinking I have most certainly been doing.

    The only problem with being a sporadic - and slightly nutty - jack-of-all trades is that my thoughts can range anywhere from super depressing to an idea that could very well land me in the loony bin. (Unfortunately those are usually the ideas that sound like the most fun, so I do them. No, I am not insane) 
     So here you have 20 thoughts I think in a day.
Please Note: This post has absolutely no purpose outside of hopefully making you laugh and realize that writers might be as crazy as you think we are.

  1. How fast can I eat breakfast before work? (Ditched it and grabbed a granola bar to eat on the way)
  2. How much I would rather not get trampled by a horse. (Explanation of crazy thought: I'm a horse trainer/exerciser) 
  3. When on earth am I going to get the music that I'm playing for church. (*Computer goes Bing* "Aaaand there it is!") New thought: Dare I try and sing them?
  4. Character development for Reynold. (e.g How is he going to fall in love with a traitor, reconcile with his evil brother, deal with his dying friend, make peace with the mystrious Farlinians, come up with battle plans and nearly get killed, and a zillion other thoughts while I'm being dragged around by a horse. It's really rather invigorating.)
  5. Which characters should I kill in my book. (The mind of an author is a dark and twisted place)
  6. What I should do with my chainmail. (Explanation of crazy thought: I made a chainmail suite out of soda tabs. It took over 2,000.) 
  7. How long will it take for me to get the nerve to tan the deer hide in my freezer. (I need it to make a jerking for my chainmail.)
  8. Dare I risk learning to front flip on the ground? (Because doing it, and a backflip, on the trampoline is getting old.) 
  9. How can I satisfy my sugar craving without actually eating sugar? (Solution: Frozen fruit and cream. At least I'm not hungry anymore)
  10. I'll just cross my neighbor's creek to get to the barn. (This was a really dumb idea because the creek is still swollen from snow melt and moving at the speed of a small river. If you're thinking I fell in you can pat yourself on the back. Yes, I did fall in. Yes, it was very cold. And yes, I will probably do it again.)
  11. I really need to work on school and stop blogging. (I ignored that thought.)
  12. I need to finish my mom's Mother's Day present.
  13. I really want to read a book and pretend that school doesn't exist.
  14. Sugar craving is back.
  15. Realize that I speak the hardest language on the face of the earth. (I'm going my English) 
  16. Wonder what else I'm thinking about...
  17. What am I going to post next? 
  18. Which Parkour move would be the simplest to learn yet still look really cool? 
  19. I hate Algebra.
  20. I need to avoid the computer because it's addicting.

 So there you have it. Actually, those are all the thoughts I think before 12 and then I spend the rest of the day cycling through them a hundred times. Life is good!
Up next, though, I'm going to start a series on digging deeper into planning a book. (Something that has taken me several years to learn) Hopefully I will have that up next week. (But with the way my thoughts run I'm never sure until the day of!) 

Do you ever get any crazy thoughts? (Better yet, did you act on your crazy thought?) Feel free to drop a comment below!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I just did a very similar post on 27 random things I did by accident in the last two months... I think we are in similar boats here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Finish reading your post* That's funny! What's interesting is that I had absolutely no intention on writing about my thoughts this week. First I started writing about digging deeper into characters, story plots, and created worlds. But that needed to be turned into a 3 part series. (because everything comes in 3's it seems) So I started with Characters but had so many other thoughts running through my mind that I decided to stash the Digging Deeper series until next week when I can plan more and just focus on explaining my momentary disappearance from the face of the internet and summarize my crazy self in my thoughts. The Thought Bubble ('s) idea was actually slightly spurred by Nate Philbrick and his hilarious sarcasm. Unfortunately, I am just not a naturally funny writer. *Sigh* Oh well, so is my lot in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, #19. XD I feel your pain. Great post! :D Also, have you heard of a Yonanas machine? It makes ice-cream like desserts with partially frozen bananas and other fruit. You can add honey, or cocoa powder, or pretty much whatever. You can also use a blender I think, but you definitely have to use partially frozen bananas to get the right consistency. I love it for breakfast, snacks, desserts...pretty much anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Yonanas. (I would certainly remember that name if I've ever heard it before) But I've actually made something like that just during my crazy attempts to satisfy my sugar craving. Although I never thought to put cocoa powder in with it! I bet cocoa and Peanut Butter would be amazing!!!!

      Delete