Friday, August 18, 2017

Liebster Award

Picture_20170817_151406546

I was tossing around the idea of starting my own tag when I received a nomination for the Liebster Award! Now, the first thing I did was google what in the world Liebster means. (It's German for Dearest. Now you know.)
Thanks Heather for tagging me! (btw, I lover her blog) I encourage you to check out the blogs of the people I'm tagging, and Heather's as well, down below. They have some really great posts!

Rules for the Award

  • Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
  • Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
  • List eleven random facts about yourself
  • Nominate up to 11 other Bloggers that you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers)  {I am not 100% certain that every blog I nominated has less than 200 followers. Most of them don’t display the number of followers they have.}
  • Let the bloggers know you nominated them
  • Give them 11 questions to answer


  • My 11 Questions

    1) What is the story behind your blog: Your mission and name?
    Answer: I've always wished that I could find a simple blog where the blogger just writes what is on their hearts and what they are pursuing. This is especially true when it comes to writing. It's easy to hear the 'happily ever after' of a great author, but have important details about the 'once upon a time' skipped. I figured that I wasn't the only one, so I started blogging just One Word At A Time. My mission is to live a full life pleasing to God, write adventure/christian/fantasy books that point to Him, and share my knowledge and life with the world through my blog!

    2) Who is your favorite band/musician? 
    Answer: I could probably listen to Taylor Davis all day long.

    3) What is your favorite quote?
    Answer: Oh goodness, that's like asking me what my favorite book is! Um... Here are some. (I literally have a whole book full of quotes that I add to, so picking one is impossible)
    Quotes, Life Quotes, Love Quotes, Best Life Quote , Quotes about Moving On, Inspirational Quotes and more. Follow rickysturn/quotesRomans 5:8
    Image result for c s lewis quotes

    4) Iced coffee or Hot coffee? Or no coffee? 
    Answer: I try to avoid coffee because caffeine does weird things to my emotions after it wears off. But on Sunday I'll usually have a tiny bit of hot coffee because I wake up early to get to worship practice before church starts.

    5)  What is your favorite ethnicity of food? 
    Answer: Mexican

    6) Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
    Answer: Ice cream, hands down!

    7) What is your favorite bible verse and what does it mean to you? 
    Answer: Unlike most people, I have never really found that one verse that some call their Life Verse. I go through so many different struggles I have an address book so I know where to turn when a particular trial comes up. But for the most part, I really love Hebrews 12: 1-2 "Let us run with endurance the race set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Because, though all the trials, I have to keep running!

    8) Do you like exercise? If yes, what type is your favorite? 
    Answer: Yes! I love hiking! There is nothing that compares to the feeling of victory when you reach the top of a mountain and get to look down on the whole world! Cross country running is also really fun. 

    9) What is your favorite thing about Blogging?
    Answer: Being able to share the things that I've learned with other people and hearing from them.

    10) Do you prefer writing on a computer or using pen and paper? 
    Answer: I have the worst penmanship that is only made worse when I try to write fast. I prefer writing on the computer because my fingers can hardly keep up with the pace that my brain works at. If I were using a pen I would have the ending scene playing through my mind while my pen was trying to write out the beginning.

    11) If you could travel to one place in the world and money wasn't a problem, where would you go? 
    Answer: I'm being pretty silly, but Hawaii would be the place for me. (But not the main island.) I would probably rent a small house on a distant island so I could enjoy the beauty without being crowded out by hundreds of people.

    Whew! I did it! Now for:

    Eleven Random Facts About Me
    1. I like riding horses without a saddle. Even if I fall off.
    2. I love re-reading random parts of books to capture the same feelings I got when I first read it.
    3. I tend to be a bit blunt.
    4. I love eating chocolate chips straight from the bag.
    5. I've never broken a bone or had stitches and the only cut that required a trip to the hospital I ended up taping together myself to avoid going.
    6. I love Christmas so much I start singing Christmas songs in September.
    7. My leg shakes when I'm nervous. (seriously) It got so bad once while I was playing guitar with my church that I started shaking my music stand.
    8. I don't like getting wet unless I'm swimming in a deep river or at the ocean.
    9. I like smelling old books. (And new books) 
    10. I hate letting people down.
    11. I can quote many lines from Shakespeare's play Hamlet, but can't get through the first two lines of his famous part "to be, or not to be." 
    Who I'm Awarding

    Here Are Your Questions
    1. If you had a whole day with nothing to do and nothing that needed to be done in the future, how would you spend it?
    2. What is your favorite book and author?
    3. Ice cream or cake?
    4. What is your favorite mythical creature?
    5. What is the one chore that you absolutely hate doing?
    6. Which is your favorite season?
    7. What is your favorite breakfast food?
    8. Why did you decide to become a blogger and what do you hope to accomplish by it?
    9. Would you rather fly or be able to breath underwater?
    10. What is your favorite genre of music?
    11. What is the most recent crazy thing you have done?



    7 comments:

    1. Thanks for nominating me! You asked some interesting questions. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm glad you thought so! I usually have a hard time asking questions; especially in face to face interactions. I always think of the perfect thing to say later! I checked out your blog and love your answers!

        Delete
    2. Fun answers! I like your favorite passage from Hebrews (and I'm not a coffee drinker either)! :)


      https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, Tizzie! I had fun answering them. Although, the 11 random facts was actually a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. (introvert problem I guess)
        The only time I ever enjoy a good coffee is when I'm with other people, and I try to always get decaf. I'm a social coffee drinker!

        Delete
    3. I'm so glad you wrote this post in reply to my nomination of you! I love your blog so much and I'm so happy I got to know you a little bit better through this post! Also, I totally get you with the leg shaking thing when you're nervous. That happens to me too, as well as a bunch of other symptoms I'm slowly working to overcome. I love your blog too!
      Ok, for some reason, I can't get this to connect to my name. But, this is Heather from https://heathersambitions.wordpress.com/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Also, I'm so happy you used my graphic! I had a lot of fun making it!

        Delete
      2. Aw, I'm glad you like my blog, Heather! (I love yours as well)
        YAY!!! I'm not the only one with the nervous leg bounce! It's always so hard because you're already nervous, so your leg bounces, which makes you more nervous because you get self-conscious - turning the entire thing into a painful circle! (Or maybe that's just me. lol) What other nervous problems do you struggle with?

        Wait, how did you make the graphic!?

        Delete