Thursday, August 31, 2017

Writer's Challenge: The Winner Announced



And the winner is...
(Drum roll, please!)

Lindsi McIntyre

"I would expect you to know of an easier way," Brodgen muttered. "I don't particularly enjoy crawling through the toilet as an option." Reynold hissed back

The rope bit deep into Aaron's palm as he dangled high above the ballroom floor. 
Below, the Lords and Ladies of the land went about their daily lives, too busy looking down on everyone around them to notice him dangling from the ceiling rafters.
A herald cried out for attention from where he stood by the door.
"Her Highness, the Crown Princess Gisselle."
The massive doors opened. The princess entered the room.
Show time.
Aaron's grip tightened around the razor sharp blade he held in his right hand as the Princess made her way up the center of the room. His focus shifted to those gathered on the sidelines, alert to any suspicious movement. He had not been a big fan of the plan to use the Princess as bait to catch her would be assassin. His opinion hadn't mattered though. All he could hope for was to stop the killer in time.

Thank you, Lindsi, for your amazing story! The ending was what sealed it for me. I had a perfect idea of the moment for this picture, what needed to happen, but not of what was going to happen! I also loved your line, "Too busy looking down on everyone around them to notice him dangling from the ceiling rafters."  It perfectly shows the arrogance of the nobles.
Readers, if you wish to expand your knowledge with some great posts related to writing, fun facts, and other useful information, I would highly encourage you check out Lindsi's Blog.

I would also like to thank the other people who entered! (If you want to see their entries you can click HERE in the comments)

All your stories were amazing, and I was thrilled to have you participate! I will certainly be doing this again, and I hope you will join in with your riveting stories!!!

Until next time!
 I just want these people in my books I just do. I swear they will be in every book I ever write



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting this contest. I had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had fun!!! I might do another one later this month. I hope you join in again!!

    ReplyDelete